Come in...

"A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside." ~ Denis Waitley
Hello and welcome to my blog.

Thank you for taking the time out to travel through life with me. I'm still trying to discover blogging. Right now I'm going to use this as a platform to air my random views. I invite you to share your valuable insights and concerns by clicking on 'comments'. It might be easier to comment if you have a gmail account or are a follower. I will try to update the blog weekly.


Friday, March 9, 2012

5 Tips For Taebo




A few weeks back I attempted to do some Taebo. Having had no regular exercise for approximately five years, I knew I was unfit. Very unfit. What I didn't bank for when I started the DVD was the emotional trauma that lay waiting ahead.

Never in my life have I felt to defeated, inferior, inept and frankly, clumsy. Here was this girl who could run for an hour and not break a sweat and then do early morning aerobics for the fun of it. If I was really bored I'd do an hour of aerobics. I wasn't a fitness fanatic; I was just fit. Years of playing in the street combined with school sports had kept me fit and I had taken it all for granted. Suddenly now I have to do a roundhouse kick and my leg won't budge. Oh dear, the mind was willing but the body just couldn't.

I thought I'd try again the following day, but tomorrow never came and THAT didnt bother me. It did come eventually, yesterday and the delay has made all the difference. Let me list them.

1. This time round I knew my inadequcies. I had accepted my limitations and was willing to work with them for my gain. My previous workout session had obliterated all my delusions of grandeur.
2. When I woke up I had already decided that I was going to do some Taebo so I put on my gym clothes and first chance I got (baby had a nap) I played the DVD without delay.
3. I distracted myself during the exercise. I focused on counting but took no notice of how many sets I was doing.
4. I aimed my attention at my reflection on the tv. That way I didn't have to see the skinny fit people doing what I couldn't. 
5. I challenged myself to enjoy what I was doing.

I must confess that after yesterday's workout I felt elated. Who's that train that said "I know I can. I know I can"? Well him... I had his spirit wash over me. I don't feel like such a failure anymore and today I have a date with Billy Blanks. Touch, let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment